Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 10 post surgery and I am feeling good. Down 22 lbs. I start pureed foods today. Had creamy peanut butter for breakfast today. Yumm! It was nice to eat something with taste. I am worried that I'm not getting the protein I need. I am supposed to eat 50-60 grams of protein a day. But I still don't feel any hunger at all, and I am so afraid of vomiting that I know I'm not eating as much as I'm supposed to eat. I probably only eat about 20 ounces of food all day! I need to work harder on getting that protein in, cause I don't want to loose any hair, which is a side effect of not getting enough protein. I already have VERY thin hair due to my thyroid condition! I don't want to loose any more. So far the only thing that has made me want to eat was that my son Nicholas had a brownie and the smell, made me salivate and I was like "OHH I want that!" But then I thought, if I eat that I am going to puke, craving GONE! Pretty amazing since before the surgery I had no willpower when it came to sweets!

2 comments:

  1. You can do this, Megan! Do they give you "recipes" for the pureed foods?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do give me suggetstions with helps! Tonight I had garlic mashed potatoes and pureed tuna.

    ReplyDelete